TWHBEA Elects 30 New Directors; 2 More to be Determined in Runoff
The TWHBEA Election Committee met yesterday with the accounting firm Winnett Associates PLLC and certified the results of this year’s election. 14 States/Regions elected directors to full three-year terms, with Kentucky and Washington also electing directors for partial terms.
Both of the partial-term seats are headed to a runoff election. In Kentucky, eligible voters will choose between Leslie Perry Collins and Joe Fraley to fill the unexpired one-year term of Spencer Benedict, who resigned earlier this year. Eligible voters in Washington will choose between Jo Cheek and Kathy Gilliam-Cole to fill the unexpired two-year term of Linda Arnold following her resignation earlier this year. Eligible voters in both States will be sent a ballot next week and must return it by November 10. Those who have opted in for electronic voting will receive theirs via email; all others will be mailed.
Directors elected for a three-year term include:
- Alabama – Dee Cantrell, Nathan Clark
- Florida – LeeAnn Werner-Osborn
- Indiana – Beth Levi
- Kentucky – David Bullock, Bruce Butler, Martin Cox
- Mississippi – Ashley Wadsworth
- North Carolina – Robert Deutsch, Pat Ireland, Lavon Tyson
- Ohio – Terrance Moyer, Sherrie Szucs
- Tennessee – Walt Chism, Jesse E. Dotson Jr., Mike Floyd, Kasey Kesselring, Jessica Mast, Keegan Meadows, Robbie Spiller, Brad Tuttle, David Williams, Amanda Wright
- Texas – R. Blake Cammack, Tom Gould
- Virginia – Bethany Lackey
- Region 1 – Denise Bader Region 1 includes Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom
- Region 3 – Catherine Deitrich Region 3 includes Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
- Region 4 – Carole Baxter Region 4 includes Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma
- Region 6 – Jim Dolan Region 6 includes Dominican Republic, Mexico
(click here for full breakdown of votes)
There will be an orientation for new board members on Saturday, December 2, 2023 at the TWHBEA Headquarters and they will be sworn in that same day during the International Board of Directors Meeting.