Summer Sizzler Information
Final preparations are underway for the TWHBEA Summer Sizzler Halter Show, which is scheduled for Sunday, July 30, 2023 on the former football field behind the old high school in Shelbyville. The school is located at 400 Elm Street and is now called King’s Old Central High School and the field served as the site of the first Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration in 1939. The first eight World Grand Champions were crowned on the property before the Celebration moved to his present home in 1948.
A schedule of classes and more information can be found at www.twhbea.com/sizzler.
- Online are accepted until 3pm on Saturday, July 29 https://www.horseshowsonline.com/ShowDetails?ShowGUID=454cb839-d694-4b82-b94b-f0caaf996127
- You can download an entry form from www.twhbea.com/sizzler and email it to email@example.com by 3pm on Saturday, July 29.
- Entries can be made in-person at the TWHBEA office until 5pm on Friday, July 28.
Advance payment is not required. You can pay for your entries when you pick up your back numbers. Scratches can be made up to one hour prior to the show (Noon) with no penalty.
This show will be conducted in the spirit of the S.H.O.W. HIO rules. For the showmanship classes, TWHBEA Versatility Rules will apply. Please note:
- Model, Showmanship and Lead Line classes can be English or Western tack/attire, but not a combination of both. Due to heat, coats are optional.
- Exhibitors in Weanling, Yearling, and Mare and Foal classes must wear a collared shirt and long pants. Ties, Coats and Hats are optional.
- The official show vet will make the final decision on the soundness of horses and their compliance with the Horse Protection Act.
The pattern for classes 2 and 11 is posted online at www.twhbea.com/sizzler.
Horse and Human Safety
Please plan for heat at this show and be prepared to keep you and your horse safe!
- Paramedics and a Veterinarian will be on-site during the show should anyone need them.
- Bring a generator and fan for your trailer.
- Water will be available in the trailer parking area for you to fill buckets and cool down your horses.
Class 17: Lead Line Horses or Ponies, Any Age Rider, Amateur or Professional
This class is meant as a fun class and is open to any breed of horse (doesn’t have to be a registered TWH). Basically, we want to give people a chance to show on this historic showgrounds if they want to. Entries in this class will want to make sure they have a good cheering section since crowd support will definitely be considered by the judge!
Incentive Money for Youth Classes
Thanks to a generous donation by Anne Piet, the winner of the Youth Showmanship Class will receive $500, winners of the Lead Line 6 & Under, Youth Weanling and Youth Yearling classes will each receive $250, and the highest placing youth exhibitor in the Amateur/Youth Model class will receive $250.
Parking, Box Seats, Tailgating
There is plenty of parking around the showgrounds. General parking is in the gym parking lot (paved) and in the grass field on the corner of Sevier Street and Noblitt Street. For a map of the showgrounds visit www.twhbea.com/sizzler.
There are still a few box seats and railside tailgating spaces available. Each box has six (6) seats and is 10’ which will allow you space for a popup tent. There will be an award for the best Box Seat / Tailgating decorations!