JOB POSTING: Bookkeeper
Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders’ and Exhibitors’ Association-
Well-established, non-profit association is hiring in Lewisburg, Tennessee for the above position to work part-time (20-30 hours/week). Depending on the candidate, the job could potentially be fulltime with additional responsibilities.
You would take care of our day-to-day financial tasks and be responsible for accounts payable and receivable along with all payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks. If you like working in a small office environment and meet the qualifications listed, please submit your resume. Position salary range may be negotiable with added benefits & features. Salary History, Experience, and References Required. Applications without required materials will not be considered.
- Completion of High School or GED
- Associates degree in accounting, business administration or related field or at least 2 years of bookkeeping experience
- Intermediate Computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge in Quickbooks and Excel and basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications and internet navigation.
- Data entry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to prepare, review and understand financial reports.
- Exceptional customer service communication.
- Ability to conduct and manage conflict resolution.
- Time management and multitasking required.
- Autonomous, detailed, and diligent work ethic required.
- Comfortable calling customers with overdue balances.
- Pass background checks and drug screening
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Some weekend and late-night work required with advance notice (*)
- Limited local area travel required (*)
- Ability to work in, around, and with small groups
- Experience with horses and love of the equine species is a plus
- Display professionalism always
- Be willing to learn new skills and program changes
- Outside-the-box-thinker devoted to, and with a proven track record of, process improvement
(provide examples with resume, et al)
- Ability to operate without instruction and accomplish all duties specified and implied
- Physical requirements include being able to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods as needed. Requirements also include lifting and carrying light to medium weight office items and materials.
- Recording day-to-day financial transactions and completing the posting process.
- Maintaining financial records and supporting documents.
- Reconciling sales taxes, payroll taxes, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitoring financial transactions and reports.
- Processing accounts receivable and payable.
- Processing checks.
- Working with an accountant when necessary.
- Handling biweekly payroll using accounting software.
- Tracking PTO time for employees.
- Provide financial reports to the CEO, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors when needed.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements. Advise management on compliance needs.
- Monitor for variances from the projected budget.
- Send invoices, monthly statements and overdue notices.
Job Type: Part-Time
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s license
Please submit resume and desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.