The Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders and Exhibitors Association of Lewisburg, Tennessee announces its second International Video Horse Show competition open to all international TWHBEA members in good standing. The video competition will be limited to Country & Trail Pleasure specialty classes by age, gender, open and amateur exhibitors subject to the International High Point competition guidelines. Class list and entry forms are attached. Clear, fresh and original video submissions dated from June 1 through September 30, 2021 – videoed from center ring- will be accepted for judgment, evaluation and critique for entries performing the flat walk and running walk coming and going over a prescribed format in a suitable indoor or outdoor arena.
Contestants will be placed in their class and a Best of Country awarded, and finally a Best International Video Champion and Reserve Video Champion named.
- Venue: Indoor/outdoor arena ideally measuring 60 meters by 20 meters width, but not less than 40 meters by 20 meters
- Attire/Tack optional- Western or English
- Trial-One attempt beginning at a centerline at a flat walk for 1 lap, then reverse at a flat walk for 1 lap, then execute the running walk for 1 lap, then reverse at the running walk for 1 lap, stop at the centerline. End of attempt (see diagram attached for more clarification)
- Camera– a professional videographer is recommended for multiple entries/group at the same arena (one horse- at- a- time) trials, to high resolution cellphone video for an individual entry. One video clip recorded per entrant per class emailed to email@example.com via Wetransfer.
- The test must be videoed from Center ring, where the judge would normally view a class.
- The test may be called
- Coaching during the test is not allowed.
- The natural background sound or walking horse organ music for the test is allowed, but not required, no post production music edits allowed
- Bridle or saddle pad numbers are not allowed! A unique back number for each class entry required and will be supplied by TWHBEA after entry form submission.
- Ridden tests may be submitted to ONLY ONE online show. A video of a trial/ride from another competition/or show that has alredy been judged must be eliminated ie July 2020 Mexico or any videos submitted for the first International Horse show. Any video suspected of having been filmed during another competition or traditional horse show will not be scored.
- All classes must be designated with unique class number; no horse may be ridden more than once in any class with the same class number.
- Horses may be entered in more than one class (see above and class sheet).
Judgement and commentary (feedback) will be by a recognized and knowledgeable U.S. Judge of Tennessee Walking Horses, placements will be reported on IPEDS and will count for points in the International High Points Award program. Results will be individually reported after the close of the show. (September 30)
If you have any questions please feel free to call or email Mallory Maddox at 931.359.0592 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see the video of last year’s winner- please note the pattern has been updated for this year’s competition.
2nd INTERNATIONAL VIDEO HORSE SHOW CLASS LIST
Class 1 Open Trail Pleasure mares and geldings 2-4 years old — 2 gait — Optional Tack/Attire
Class 2 Ladies 18 years and over Trail Pleasure Mares and Geldings — 2 gait — Optional Tack/Attire
Class 3 Youth Exhibitors 11 years and under Trail Pleasure Mares and Geldings — 2 gait — Optional Tack/Attire
Class 4 Gentlemen 18 years and over Trail Pleasure Mares and Geldings — 2 gait — Optional Tack/Attire
Class 5 Youth Exhibitors 12-17 years old Trail Pleasure Mares and Geldings — 2 gait — Optional Tack/Attire
Class 6 Open Trail Pleasure Stallions Exhibitors age 18 and over 2 gait — Optional Tack/Attire
Class 7 Open Country Pleasure – canter – Optional Tack/Attire
Class 8 Open Country Pleasure – 2 gait– Optional Tack/Attire
Class 9 Open Country Pleasure- Barefoot mares and geldings 2 gait Optional Tack/Attire
Class 10 Youth Country Pleasure mares and geldings– Canter –Youth Exhibitors 12-17 years old Optional Tack/Attire
Class 11 Youth Country Pleasure Mares and geldings Youth Exhibitors 11 years old and under – No Canter – Optional Tack/Attire
All youth under the age of 18 years old are required to wear ASTM/SEI certified helmets with chin straps properly fastened while mounted for this competition.
Entrants acknowledge that the TWHBEA assumes no risk or liability for any injuries or accidents as a result of equine activities associated with this competition